Hamilton’s Rock & Country Magazine
- For anyone who doesn’t know you, could you share a bit about yourself and what inspired you to become a country music artist?
I am a country singer-songwriter based just outside of Vancouver, BC! I grew up on country music and always felt drawn to studying concerts and shows. This just fascinated me. The stage setup, the formula and storylines that were executed throughout concerts was something that intrigued me so much!
Through playing and writing music I was able to find my voice and immediately knew that on stage connecting with people is where I am meant to be!
- Your new track “Airplane Champagne” just came out on June 10, tell us about the inspiration behind the song and what it was like working with Grady Saxman and Dan Swinimer?
The recording experience with Saxman Studios was thoughtfully curated for my exact needs with this single! With the pandemic, there were logistical barriers. Grady didn’t see this to be an issue whatsoever and had a flawlessly executed idea of how to get the job done! Remotely recorded from here in Vancouver, Grady collected all of the amazing sounds that you hear within ‘Airplane Champagne’ today! The song came out better than I ever could’ve imagined and I am so grateful for getting the opportunity to work with such a talent! This song was also written by incredible Nashville Sony writers Karen Kosowski, Emma Lee and Femke Weidema. To them, I owe so much gratitude for trusting me to do this song justice!
- Aside from music, you also have a passion for acting and dancing. How have these other passions helped you get to where you are today?
I started performing on stage at a very young age and knew it was where I was meant to be. By directing some of that performance energy into acting it has actually helped me fund my records! For example, I was booked for a few ‘Otter Co-Op Commercials. What an incredible experience to have on set and just absorbing everything I could about production, directives and collaborating. Then, with the payment from that, is how I was able to fund my recent single titled ‘Optimist’.
- What has been your most memorable on stage experience so far?
My most memorable on stage experience would definitely be selling out the Roxy Venue downtown Vancouver. This was the first show I had friends fly into town for just to attend my show! I used my rider to give away some birthday drinks and immerse myself in a full band show while all of the audience was dancing the night away! JRFM even lent their DJ Jaxon Hawks to MC the event! Life made!
- If you could tour with anyone who would it be and why?
I would die if I got the opportunity to tour with Justin Timberlake. With the current crossover of all genres into the country realm everything is possible and it would excite me so much to tour with such a high caliber team and skilled, genuine artists!
- Do you have any advice for musicians looking to break into the country music scene?
‘No’ doesn’t exist. It’s never a ‘no’ , it’s just a not right now. Pivot to other focusses and keep emailing. Seriously.. politely harassing is okay and it’s gotten me most of my bookings! Schedule sends for the win!
- What can fans look forward to for the rest of the summer?
This summer I look forward to showcasing and developing my show with my band around the local stages here in Vancouver while connecting with many more new people and amping up my album release!
Be the first to comment